Monday 8 September 2014

It's time ....

.... for a MAMMOTH catch up!! I have no idea where time goes, I seemed to just get back into the swing of blogging then a pesky 3 week trip away comes along and life is thrown into chaos again ;D

So in my last post I said I was off to Greece needless to say that remote island really was not Wi-Fi friendly and even the phone signal struggled most of the time but it was beautiful and really rather nice to not have the black hole that is cyber space getting in the way!

We stayed at a holiday centre called Atsitsa Bay


on the side of a mountain .... on the island of Skyros


these were the views out the front .... stunning!

Hubs was working doing comedy classes which was one thing on offer alongside music, writing, art, mosaics, dance, yoga, tai chi, wind surfing and mindfulness. A kind of holistic centre for creativity and self discovery.

We stayed in hutland .... not a prospect I was looking forward to but I have to say we loved out little hut ...

..... and we were quite happy with our 3 weeks of glamping in the end :D

I did the art course with a most amazing lady called Cat Bennett (click on her name for her web site and here for her blog) and rediscovered many things I had forgotten, mainly the joy of just sitting and drawing!!


I also did the mosaic course and even did Tai Chi at 7am in the morning on that beautiful mountain side. It really was an experience that is difficult to describe.


We met some great people along the way and made some special friends.

So that was my 3 week absence .... back to reality on my return and straight into


A saggy old, raggy old Bagpuss weekender with Serif shows on Create and Craft TV


That was followed by A Roald Dahl Pick of the week

 
 
And then it was off to the Rewind 80's festival in Henley on Thames which was Awesome!!
 
 
What a great weekend and a great line up including The Boomtown Rats, Marc Almond, Tony Hadley and Holly Johnson to name but a few.... we danced our socks off LOL
 
 
The layout is from the Sahlin studio shows that followed that weekend and I will share more of my samples soon with some step by steps.

After all that I then felt the need to embark on a mammoth house clean and tidy .... I guess the hibernation gene is kicking in and I'm getting set for the dreaded winter .... I even tidied the craft store room after my mousey visitors so I have to say I am feeling quite smug :D

And now? well I am working on some secret squirrel stuff that I hope to share soon but feeling good being back in my studio doing the Michelle stuff I discovered back in Greece :) And that's my life since the end of June in one brief blog post so I will love you and leave you with this ... and finally (it's been a while!)


My boys are just as adorable as ever and this is proof that they even like each other once in a while LOL

I hope you are well and happy, thanks for stopping by and I will be getting some posts ready to share some step by step CAP projects with you soon, until then, as ever
Happy Crafting
Love
MJM x

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a fab summer! We're chilling out at quite a few festivals...last one this weekend (Grand Northern Ukulele Festival) in Huddersfield.
    It would be lovely to see you and Andy again....maybe next year now!
    Love to you both. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Great to have you back blogging and can't wait for the CAP projects. I religiously check C&C for Serif shows and record every one. Your tips are great.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have had a fab summer. I love the Greek Islands (went to Corfu in 2000 and fell in love) - and will look into your hotel (the classes sound great). The Bagpuss kits have proved very popular and perfect for so many occasions. Ali x

    ReplyDelete