Sunday 30 January 2011

Froggity Blog hop

Hi all
And welcome if you are here via the Banana Frog blog hop, but you're also welcome, ofcourse, if you have just arrived here in passing! If you'd like to join in the hop it's not too late just hop on over to the Lilypad and start at the top of the list I know you will find loads of inspiration along the way from the oh so talented froglets!

At this point I am adding in that this post is late (sorry) as I have holiday brain and have gained a day somehow .... hmm margueritas?? I am also now saying a HUGE sorry as now this post is publishred all my photos seemed to have disappeared from my post!!! I'll post the lovely photos (such a shame I love this project!)when I get home next week as I don't have them with me :( I also prepared this post before I flew off from blighty and before the winter theme for the hop was decided ...oops! Going well so far LOL ok enough extra waffle let's move on :)

So here's my project for today, with valentines on the way I thought I would share some Lurve!


Love Tokens


The ingredients
This project uses the aptly named It's all about love stamp set and the DeLouisville tadpole set. I have also used some Bubblegum Canford card, white card, colorbox archival ink in Firebird, red devil and dark cherry, Embossing ink, cosmic shimmer ruby blush blaze embossing powder and a pink doodle pen.


Stamp the large heart from the set on to some white card and draw a line around it larger than the image, cutting it out to create a template for the top and bottom of the box.


Draw around the template onto the pink card and once again draw around the image creating a margin to snip so that it can be folded over and create the anchor for the sides of the box.


Fold up the snipped sections and adhere a strip of card around the hearts. Before adhering the strip around the top of the box, stamp it with the small dangling hearts fronm the samp set. NB you need to make the top heart the merest fraction bigger than the bottom so the lid fits on the box snuggly


Stamp the large heart onto some white card and cut out following the scallops, then stamp the large heart again on to some pink card this time cutting just inside the line of the inside heart to create a mat for the box top.


Emboss the smaller heart onto some white card and cut it out to create an embellishment for the centre of the box top.


The box could contain any treasure for your loved one to enjoy but I think these love tokens are fun, personal and in expensive as they can carry such promises as breakfast in bed and a day of sport on the telly! Stamp the large heart onto some white card and cut out following the scallops. Use the Tadpole set of DeLouisville to write the word and doodle around the heart with a pink pen. The 'claim' for the token can be written on the back.


Add some tissue paper in the bottom of the box, maybe some chocoates and a few love tokens and enjoy that specal squidgy feeling when you give it to your loved one and they admire the effort you've made to say 'I love you'

I hope you feel inspired, and talking of inspiration your next stop is the talented
Lory and I know she will be better organised than me :)
Enjoy the rest of the hop and thanks for stopping by my little section of the Lilypad :)
I hope you're well and happy and until soon Happy Crafting
Love
M x

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely project - can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a beautiful project! I'll definitely be back to check it out. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. arrivo dal blog di Banana frog: ora do un'occhiata in giro...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea for a heartfelt (!) Valentine's gift.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete