Thursday 14 October 2010

Scrapping outside the album with Glitz Designs

Hi all

Today I’d like to share a piece of home decor with you using the yummy Distressed Couture collection from Glitz Designs. There are so many gorgeous Glitz papers and products I feel it is a shame to hide them away in albums. I love the new trend to display scrappy creations around the home and with the trend to upcycle things combined this is an ideal project.


The ingredients I have used; Glitz Designs Distressed Couture paper collection, Distressed Couture dress form stamp, Glitz Designs paper layers, Glitz designs Whatnot, Glitz Designs frame rub ons and Glitz Designs clear frosting

I quite simply used strips and rectangles of papers from the Distressed Couture collection, distressed the edges liberally, (this works brilliantly with the double sided paper so you get to see both sides) added aged mahogany distress ink and got out the sewing machine to stitch my layers together while adding some texture detail.


The layers of paper were then adhered to the base of the piece which is a stripped piece of corrugated cardboard box (this is where the upcycling comes in! I love stripping cardboard boxes and using them for my crafting)


The focal piece of my scrappy creation is a double Distressed Couture paper heart, distressed of course! Matted on to a stripped corrugated cardboard heart, which is layered onto a Glitz frame rub on (Glitz rub ons are second to no other rub on out there in my opinion!) and all this rests on a slightly distressed Glitz paper layer.


The addition of some lace and velvet ribbon stapled on adds to the shabby chic feel and the Glitz Dream Whatnot lends that oh so trendy Alice in Wonderland look to the piece. The finishing touches come from some Glitz frosting twisted to a flourish, the distressed couture dress form stamp embossed in black, a bit of bling and a kilt pin with charms from my craft box.

A super simple but stylish project that looks great on a small artists easel displayed for all to see. I recently taught this class at a retreat using the Glitz Plum Crazy range and that looked great too so why not have a play with your Glitz supplies and see what home decor you can create with all the yummy products, talking of which there is a whole host of new Glitz goodies about to hit the shops and they really are to die for delicious, so keep your eyes peeled, even here in the UK as I happen to know of certain places that have their orders placed and I will let you know as soon as it arrives on these shores!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’re all well and happy and until soon Happy Crafting!
Love
M x

1 comment:

  1. I love this a lot and the papers are fab. Hope the new ranges are here soon.

    ReplyDelete