Saturday 30 July 2011

Froggity blog hop!

Hi all

It's that time of the month when the froglets leap from their Lilypads and share some work with you on the Banana Frog blog hop. You can start at the beginning from the frog blog if you have just happened to visit, if you're here on the hop I hope you're having fun :)

This months theme is Summer so I made some summery cards to share with you ...


I like the clear fresh look of the acetate and love adding a splash of colour to acetate stamping with some alcohol inks.


Happy Days card


This is super simple. Using the Totally Tropical stamp set, add some different coloured stayzon to the large corner stamp and stamp twice onto your acetate. I really like mixing inks on my stamp to get a shaded, multi coloured image. Top tip, when stamping onto acetate get right over the top of your work and stamp straight down positively but not too heavy handed as the stamp will slide!


Stamp two title blocks from the Tropical Taste tadpole stamp set, again mixing the colours and then stamp the greeting from the Sentimental Style stamp set on to one of them. I have stamped two sentiment blocks so the one with the greeting will be for the front and the other one attaches to the inside behind it to cover up the glue marks, obviously it shows just plain white on the inside as the stamped side goes against the front block, but, as I have used gel glue to attach the sentiment for dimension it is quite nice to see the double stamped image. Hmmm I keep re reading this last bit .. does it make sense?? LOL


You are my sunshine card


Again another simple card but I think it has added impact with the alcohol ink. Using the Scribble Flowers stamp set, I stamped a pattern using black stayzon down one side of the card front.


Flipping the card over I then dropped on some alcohol inks in different colours and let it do it's own thing! While it dried (it doesn't take long!) I stamped the little sentiment block from the Build a Daisy stamp set, again I did this twice attaching one to the front and the other behind it


Flowers in Nature


And finally, a card that mixes a bit of all of them! I stamped the flowers from the Super Dreamy stamp set using several stayzon colours, Stamped the sentiment from Build a Daisy and finally added some butterflies from the Swirls and Butterflies stamp set. I then added some alcohol ink to the back of the sentiment area, letting it do it's own thing again and that was it, a striking card made simply :)

I hope you've enjoyed your visit with me on the blog hop and feel inspired to do some simply clear summer stamping, I feel inspired to take this to a larger project and am cooking up a layout for my Project of the Day on the 4th August so please check back then!

A lot of the froglets are very busy at the moment with summer holidays etc so this month is just a short hop, I will direct you back to the Lilypad to catch up on those you've missed or to peruse for added inspiration and don't forget to check the shop link to grab a sale bargain while you're there! thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon, until then Happy Crafting
Love
M x

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the vibrant colors of the inks! I think I need to expand my StazOn collection beyond just black ink and give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very vibrant colours and a fab use of acetate..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inspiration - thank you. I only have black StazOn, now I 'get' why there are difference colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vibrant funky cards. I especially love the contrast of the black Stazon against the coloured inks.
    When stamping with different colours of Stazon on one stamp do the inkpads get stained?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous cards. Have you thought of stamping on the back of patterned paper for the sentiment on the front? That way when you cover the glue dots with a stamped cutout on the inside, it will have a pretty border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is brilliant. That colours are so gorgeous. I have a few sheets in my drawer for over a year and never used it, Your blog is best to give a new look to it.
    safety shower eye wash station

    ReplyDelete