Friday 2 September 2011

Anyone for Pimms with some added Glitz?

Hi all
Today it’s my turn to share some Glitz Design goodness with you so I thought I would create a couple of projects using up some of my scraps to make way for all the new Glitz goodies coming! My first project is


Anyone for Pimms?
A couple of weekends ago my husband took me to the Rewind 80’s festival in the beautiful Henley on Thames and we had the best time! I was transported back to my teenage years and had a ball singing my head off and dancing my wellies off to some great bands with 40,000 other people. We had a perfect British Sunday afternoon, the sun shone, the music was chilled out and the Pimms was fabulous. These pictures sum up my perfect weekend! As I said I used up lots of scraps all from the Afternoon Muse line;
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse papers; Carte Postal, Polka, Block and Stripe
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse embellishments; Peek-a-boos, Whatnots, Glitzers and Cardstock stickers titles and journaling
Glitz Designs Afternoon Muse clear stamps
Glitz Designs Teeny Alphas; Yellow block and Bubble gum pink


I built up lots of strips of papers across my base


Even cheating and using very thin scrappy bits as the bottom layer.


The Glitz Designs clear stamps are perfect for creating embellishments with scrap paper, and I did just that with the hot air balloon.


The Ferris wheel is cut from a Whatnot.


I layered up some of the cardstock stickers and Whatnots to add my journaling to and added the balloon on foam pads for dimension.


I attached the bunting peek-a-boo with a Glitzer at one end and the best day ever sticker at the other. My photos are on foam pads for dimension and the teeny alphas are perfect to finish of the title and journaling. Oh it really was a perfect day!

Talking of perfect the next layout is a picture of our grand daughter


Sophie Elizabeth
I love this photo of Sophie, it sums her up with that cheeky grin and makes us realise how quick she is growing up! I only used Laced with Grace for this layout and I think it’s a fun way to use up all my left over embellishments.
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace Paper; Rose, Floral and Butterflies
Glitz Designs Laced with Grace Embellishments; Paper layers, Whatnots, Glitzers, Peek-a-boos and Cardstock stickers Titles and Journalling.


I positioned the photo where I wanted it on the base paper, and then drew a rough circle around it, cutting it out of the paper with a craft knife.


I ripped around the circle and then tore back away from the edge, curling and folding the paper back. I then backed the hole with some of the floral paper and with a craft knife cut around some of the roses so I could slip my photo underneath them, kind of melding it into the paper.


I then gathered a whole host of embellishments with flowers on and set about cutting them up.


I arranged them around the frame, mixing up all the different textures and adding some on foam pads and Silicon gel for dimension. I cut a few butterflies from the paper, folding them up and curling the wings so they ‘settle’ on the flowers and added the bird Whatnot and a journaling sticker with a Glitzer to finish the piece off. I think this is a layout for an easel to put on display, so much more interesting than just a photo in a frame don’t you think?

I hope you have as much fun using up your scraps! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’re well and happy and until soon as ever Happy Crafting
Love
MJM x

1 comment:

  1. Love these two LOs and the Rewind one is just fab. Glad you had a fab weekend. Ace wellies!

    ReplyDelete