Wednesday 24 November 2010

A Froggy Autumn

Hi all,

It's the second installment of the Banana Frog sketch focus for this month and this is my offering


Hop on over to the Lilly pad and check out how the other froglets interpreted it but before you go I'd like to share a quick step by step of the layout I made.


I used some small leaves from 3 different stamp sets; totally tropical, tropical taste and build a daisy and arranged them in a pattern on a stamp block to create the pattern on the paper strip across the layout.


I tore a strip of cream card and using a clear embossing ink stamped a pattern of the leaves and then embossed them in gold.


Using a spice big and juicy ink pad and some cut and dry foam I coloured the strip of stamped card with all the lovely spicey colours in the pad


Next I customised my 12x12 brown Kraft cardstock by distressing and inking the edges, coloring a block in the middle with some more ink from the big and juicy ink pad and stamping the cherry blossom stamp from the Banana Frog Kawaii Kokeshi stamp set in the top corner and then embossing it in gold


I stamped out my title using the rosecube alpha stamp set and mixing up the colours from the big and juicy ink pad, cutting them into letter tiles


And lastly my journalling block came from the totally tropical stamp set, cut out and distressed again with the spice ink


I assembled it all with some more torn cardstock in dark brown, some vintage lace and small photos mounted onto distressed mats of brown cardstock.


I love the autumny colours of the big and juicy ink pad and the gold embossing of the simple stamped images.

And that's it for today, what will you create with your Banana frog stamps and autumn colours? There's still time to hold onto autumn before the winter really sets in!

I hope you're well and happy, This is the start of a Banana Frog triple for me so I'll see you tomorrow with my project of the day, until then Happy Crafting
Love
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment