Monday 28 February 2011

A {loving} Froggity Blog hop

Hi all

Well can you believe it is a month since the last frog hop with the talented froglets from Banana Frog? That means it's a month since I was in Mexico realising all the pictures had mysteriously disappeared from last months post! More on that later for now let's get on with this month ....

The theme for February is hearts being the month of love so I thought I would see what else I could create from the many choices of heart shape stamps from Banana Frog and came up with this...


A {Heartfelt} Butterfly

A very simple but effective idea for an embellishment, a brooch, a mobile etc etc using the I heart you stamp set and a Big and Juicy ink pad with a few beads, a bit of wire and some stickles for added sparkle


I simply stamped one of the hearts 4 times, joining two of them. I used the big and juicy ink pad so I could get a rainbow of colour


I cut these out and curled them adding a layer of stickles to the surface with my finger tip (do this gently so as not to smudge the ink, although that could be quite a cool effect!)


I made a simple wire body, threaded with random beads and stuck my butterfly together adhering the single hearts as the top wings so I could space them out.


Just look at all the possibilities for different size butterflies and different shapes with just this one set. They could be stamped onto vellum, book pages, felt .. the possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination. So why not grab some lovely heart stamps and look at them in a new light, you never know what you may find and I think these heart felt butterflies would work perfectly with my heartfelt blooms posted on the frog blog a while ago!

And so to last months blog hop post and those missing photos, it has taken me a while to get them on line due to a whole host of reasons with demming at the stitches trade show, tv, dropping my hard drive (yep my whole life is on it eek!) and being poorly sick but I'll stop making excuses and say they are now in their rightful places in this post here and this is what it looks like finally!


Ok whittering over, thanks for dropping by and your next stop is with the oh so talented Jo. Have fun on the hop, leave a comment, a little froggy mentioned prizes :) and I'll see you soon
Until then as ever I hope you are well and happy and Happy Crafting
Love
M x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Butterfly! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, glad to hear you've recovered and that you had a good time in Mexico. Great creations yet again:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh your heartfelt butterfly is gorgeous! How did you manage to think of using hearts to create this, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shimmery 3D butterfly! I've used hearts to create flowers before, but never a butterfly! That heart box is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative use of the heart! Love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the butterfly, must have a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The heart box is fab and the butterfly gorgeous. I've made them with punched hearts before now, but love the idea of making them with stamped hearts - TFS

    ReplyDelete