Tuesday 20 May 2014

Scrap Around the World EPIC event!

Hi all

So do you remember me posting at the beginning of the month about the Scrap Around the World EPIC event? Well today is the turn of the uber talented Scrap365 DT to play along and I am lucky enough to be in there too!

http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.co.uk/
 
Scrap Around the World is an amazing challenge blog they release a mood board to work with every month, you get to play along and you get to be chosen for the wall of fame and let me tell you there is inspiration by the bucket load over there from the lovely Helen Tilbury's design team and from the international blog visitors that share their work ... if you haven't checked it out please do and you're not too late to play along with the EPIC event, lots of amazing goodies up for grabs from some amazing sponsors!!

This is the mood board for the EPIC event

http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.co.uk/
 
Please pop over to Scrap Around the World to see all the layouts from the sponsors so far and please pop on over to the Scrap365 blog to see what our DT has done .... gorgeous work that's what!!! BUT before you go here's my offering with some close ups

 
My lovely niece on her 17th birthday. I guess the reference to 'celebrate' on the mood board inspired me to choose this photo as I received the board just after her birthday. I love the fresh colours of the mood board with the turquoise and pink and decided to leave a lot of white space to keep the airy light feel I got from seeing it.

 
The balloons made me think of flying away so I decided to splat the colour onto the page instead of making it too heavy. I used a slightly watered acrylic paint to do this and kept the splats quite thick to add texture. If you have a go at this clear your work space and even take your page outside to splat it if you can, no matter how careful you are the paint gets everywhere LOL Once the paint was completely dry I applied gilding flake glue along the edges of the runs, using my finger to spread it and then used gilding flakes to add the gold like there is at the bottom of the balloons on the mood board

 
I picked out the pinks and turquoises from the mood board with flowers, dew drops and liquid pearls...

 
... as well as with ribbons, lace and twine for added texture

 
To me the doyley added that last bit of birthday tea party feel inspired by the photo of the macaroons.


 
and lastly the typeset on the mood board inspired me to add some of my own handwriting in different colours and styles
 
I hope you like my take on the mood board, I really had fun creating it! Please go and check out all the many, many different interpretations of it on Scrap365 and ultimately on the Scrap Around the World blog, you will be inspired just by the sheer amount of different takes on it let alone by the beautiful work produced! I look forward to seeing your interpretation!!!
 
Thanks for popping by, I hope you're well and happy. I'll be back soon with some stuff ... not sure what yet but lots in the pipeline :) and will definitely be back next Tuesday with my step by step tutorial for my little birdie project in this months Scrap 365 magazine ... have you got yours yet?
 
Until soon, as ever,
Happy Crafting!
Love
MJM x

3 comments:

  1. Michelle that's beautiful! I love the way you use colours, the close ups really give a sense of how you've put things together and the texture of the paints you've used, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thanks Charlotte, really appreciate your lovely comments! Is it weird seeing some of my 'real life' crafting? LOL M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful michelle the colours are great and so fresh so much texture too lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete